The Energy Account, Australia (EAA) provides statistics to monitor changes in the supply and use of energy over time.
KEY STATISTICS FOR 2016-17
- 23,738 petajoules (PJ) of net energy was supplied and used within Australia’s economy
- Australia’s gross energy supply and use increased by 3.6%
- Energy intensity decreased by 1.2%
- Energy use per household decreased by 1.3%
- Expenditure on energy per household increased 3.1%.
SOURCE: ABS. “4604.0 – Energy Account, Australia, 2016-17.” ABS, 22 February 2019.
Produced by the librarians at the Brotherhood of St Laurence in Melbourne, Australia