Topics featured in the Handbook include:
- The prenatal period and its effect on child obesity and metabolic outcomes.
- Pregnancy complications and their effect on women’s cardiovascular health.
- A multi-level approach for obesity prevention in children.
- Application of the LCHD framework to autism spectrum disorder.
- Socioeconomic disadvantage and its influence on health development across the lifespan.
- The importance of nutrition to optimal health development across the lifespan.
SOURCE: Life Course Research Network. “How Socioeconomic Disadvantages Get Under the Skin and into the Brain to Influence Health Development Across the Lifespan.” LCRN website December 14, 2017.
Produced by the librarians at the Brotherhood of St Laurence in Melbourne, Australia