MARCH KEY POINTS
- Employment increased 20,700 to 12,790,000 persons. Full-time employment increased 18,000 to 8,781,800 persons and part-time employment increased 2,700 to 4,008,200 persons.
- Unemployment increased 3,000 to 675,700 persons.
- Unemployment rate remained steady at 5.0%.
- Participation rate remained steady at 65.6%.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs increased 4.3 million hours to 1,776.8 million hours.
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES
- Employment increased 25,700 to 12,791,500 persons. Full-time employment increased 48,300 to 8,798,300 persons and part-time employment decreased 22,600 to 3,993,200 persons.
- Unemployment increased 17,100 to 680,000 persons.
- Unemployment rate increased 0.1 pts to 5.0%.
- Participation rate increased 0.1 pts to 65.7%.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs increased 13.2 million hours to 1,785.4 million hours.
- The monthly trend underemployment rate remained steady at 8.2%. The monthly underutilisation rate remained steady at 13.2%.
- The monthly seasonally adjusted underemployment rate increased 0.1 pts to 8.2%. The monthly underutilisation rate increased 0.2 pts to 13.2%.
SOURCE: ABS. “6202.0 – Labour Force, Australia, Mar 2019.” ABS, 18 April 2019.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY
The Brotherhood of St Laurence acknowledges and recognises the Traditional Owners of the land upon which we live and work, and we pay our respects to their Elders both past and present
Produced by the librarians at the Brotherhood of St Laurence in Melbourne, Australia