Questions Addressed in the Report
- Chapter 1 “The nature of work is changing…but how?” considers this question and presents a new framework for thinking about the changing nature of work —
- Chapter 2 looks at some of the most pressing issues — How are increased automation and digitization impacting business?
- Chapter 3 presents the World Bank’s new Human Capital Index — Changes in the relative demand for skills necessitates greater investments in foundational human capital. Where can governments start?
- Chapter 4 considers this question — Technological progress might bring opportunity, but it can be disruptive in the process. How can we best prepare people who are currently in work?
- Chapter 5 presents new analysis — People also learn valuable skills at work, but how does learning differ between different types of workers?
- Chapter 6 looks at some of the options — In light of changing labor markets and persistent informality, is it time to rethink social protection systems?
- Chapter 7 explores this question — How can the changing nature of work be harnessed to improve social inclusion and at what cost?
Produced by the librarians at the Brotherhood of St Laurence in Melbourne, Australia