The Treasurer handed down Budget 2018-19* at 7:30pm on Tuesday 8 May 2018.
A STRONGER ECONOMY: The Australian economy in its 27th year of consecutive growth.Business conditions are at the highest level since
the global financial crisis.1,000 jobs a day on average over the past year. Global growth at fastest pace in six years.
The Australian Government budget sets out the economic and fiscal outlook for Australia and includes expenditure and revenue estimates for the current financial year, the budget year and three forward financial years. It shows the Government’s social and political priorities and how the Government intends to achieve these.
- Budget Overview – A plan for a Stronger Economy.
- Stronger growth – More jobs and stronger wage growth are expected.
- Guaranteeing the essentials – Investing in the essential services Australians rely on.
- Living within our means – Sticking to our plan to return the Budget to balance.
- Budget Paper No. 1 – Budget Strategy and Outlook
- Budget Paper No. 2 – Budget Measures
- Budget Paper No. 3 – Federal Financial Relations
- Budget Paper No. 4 – Agency Resourcing
Transcript of the Treasurer’s Budget night speech
Portfolio Papers 2018
- Portfolio Budget Statements
- Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements
- Portfolio Supplementary Additional Estimates Statements
- Portfolio Supplementary Estimates Statements
SOURCE: “BUDGET 2018-19*.” Commonwealth of Australia 2018;
*A full set of the Budget 2018-19 will soon be available for staff perusal in the library – print & e-copies
BROTHERHOOD STAFF – please contact the LIBRARY if you would like full text access
Produced by the librarians at the Brotherhood of St Laurence in Melbourne, Australia